1. That the gym is open on Thanksgiving Day so that I can burn the calories before gorging on them.
2. That I can eat said calories with my husband, parents and grandmother by my side.
3. For delicious food to share with my family
12 oz. fresh cranberries
2/3 C splenda, granulated
1 tsp cinnamon
1 package of unflavored gelatin
1 C peeled, chopped apples (crisp, tart apples work best – I used Fuji)
1/2 C pineapple chunks, drained
Add cranberries, splenda and cinnamon to a medium saucepan. Add 1 3/4 C water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minuts, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, mix 1/4 C cold water and gelatin in small bowl. Stir until dissolved.
Once berries have popped, remove saucepan from heat, add gelatin mixture, apples and cinnamon and mix well. Chill in fridge for several hours (or overnight). Stir in pineapple just before serving.
This got rave reviews from Dad and requests to make it for his holiday luncheon at work. We have a winner, folks!
4. That I can allow all of these delicious calories to put me into a coma-like state and enjoy every second of it – kinda like Maggie
5. That I was given the opportunity to pet-sit this cutie for my in-laws so that they could celebrate the wedding of my sister-in-law yesterday.
6. For my new brother-in-law.
7. For December’s arrival and 1 more month to achieve the goals that I set out to accomplish in January. Not just that, but I love everything about the holidays. Family, festitivities, food and fun. It usually translates to a month of excitement.
Here’s to you, December. Try not to speed by like the rest of the year!