I’ve spent a year here at Fighting with Food, tracking my fitness (though not as much lately.. gotta fix that), making some killer recipes and recording the goings-on in my life.
I thought last year was crazy, but this past year has come in at a very close 2nd.
- We found a new family member
- Christmas brought yummy treats and time with family
- I got some wonderful Valentine gifts from someone I love and a blogger whose blog I love to read
- I took on a batch of black bean brownies and came out victorious
- We upgraded the living quarters
- Spent some time at the aquarium with my love during the spring
- I set some goals and actually accomplished them
- I walked into my first Wegman’s and instantly became giddy at the awesome selection
- I left one job at a gym for one job doing secret stuff and another job making feet happy
- I celebrated the season’s best fruits and veggies
- I celebrated a year of marriage to my best friend
- I spent time in Hawaii for my in-laws 40th wedding anniversary
- I ventured far, far into the world of baking and enjoyed every second of it
- I experienced some dieting struggles, some health struggles and days of stress, but fought through with the support of family and friends and will continue to do so each day
It’s been a crazy, fun, spontaneous and exciting year. I can’t even believe that 2010 as a whole is drawing to a close. In just days, we’ll be shoving turkey down and getting ready for more holiday baking and family time. I can’t wait! It’s truly my favorite time of year because of the traditions and celebration; the joy and festivities.
I celebrated a little on my own (with my coworkers joining in) by whipping up a new goodie that is sure to make it on the Christmas goodie plates.
White & Dark Chocolate Berry Bark
12 oz. white chocolate chips
6 oz. dark chocolate chips
1/4 C dried cranberries
Line a baking sheet with parchment.
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate chips, heating in 30-second increments on high and stirring at each increment. Spread melted white chocolate on parchment – about 12″ x 12″. Repeat process with dark chocolate. Drizzle on top of white chocolate and spread to cover. Sprinkle cranberries on top of dark chocolate. Place in refrigerator (about 30 minutes) or freezer (15 minutes) to harden. Break into pieces and store in an air-tight container at room temperature (or the fridge).
Since we are soon saying farewell to 2010, what have you most enjoyed about the past year?