Yet another frigid day and another day without heat. This time, the fan burnt up, so it should be all fixed when the part comes in tonight. Praise be to the heating gods!
I got in another early workout this am, and I must say that I love starting my day with the gym. My am workouts always feel so much more productive than those I complete at night. Started with 30 minutes of HIIT on the elliptical. Average heart rate was a whopping 159 today (including warm up and cool down!). After the intervals, it was “push” time (AKA tri’s and chest).
- Cable tricep push down: 10 reps x 3 at 40#
- Pec Dec machine: 10 reps x 3 at 45#
- Tricep dips on bench: 12 reps x 6
- Chest press on bench: 10 reps x 3 with 15# dumbells
- Flye on bench: 10 reps x 2 with 10# dumbells
- Seated chest press machine: 12 reps x 2 at 45#; 6 reps at 60#
- Standing tricep extension with 20# medicine ball: 10 reps x 3
Lacking creativity, I repeated yesterday’s post-workout breakfast and had mixed fruit from Farm Fresh instead of an orange. Note to self: melon in January = tasteless! I think I’ll stick with the oranges!
I think since I am off today, I’ll spend a couple of hours hunting the local consignment shops. There’s something so exhilarating about finding name brand clothing at 75-80% less than department stores charge. My mom taught me well.. never shop without a coupon and never buy anything at regular price. Smart lady 🙂