Luckily for me, I get to house sit for my parents this week because our heat is broken AGAIN! This makes about the 3rd or 4th time this winter. I’ve actually lost count..
Steve’s solution is to break the lease (no charge if heat is broken!), move to GA now and find jobs! I’m for it.
Anyway, I pulled myself out of bed this morning (a nice, warm bed, unlike my poor hubby..) and hit the gym for an intense “pull” workout – AKA Back and Bi’s.
30 minute warmup on the elliptical – Avg HR at 151 for the whole 30 minutes. Whoop!!
- Cross bicep curls: 10 reps each arm with 10 lb. dumbells; 10 reps x 2 each arm with 12 lb. dumbells
- Bench kneeling row: 10 reps each arm with 30 lb. dumbell
- Concentration bicep curls: 10 reps each arm at 20#; 10 reps at 25#; 10 reps at 30#
- Seated reverse flye: 10 reps x 2 at 40#
- Bicep curls on machine: 10 reps x 3 at 30#
- Lat pulldown: 10 reps x 3 at 50# (was super proud of this exercise today!)
I just finished a yummy post-workout breakfast of a spinach/egg-white mug concoction. This time, I tried it in a cereal bowl and was happier with the results. By happier, I mean the bowl was easier to clean than the mug 🙂 Paired that with a light flat out wrap with a laughing cow wedge. I gave the French Onion wedge a go this morning.. it’s my new favorite! I also had a really yummy navel orange. I really, really hate winter, but at least we can have delicious citrus this time of year! I apologize for the lack of pictures, but the camera is at my cold condo and I would rather be warm than taking photos of food.
I work tonight and I am praying that the gym is a little less crowded than it was on Monday night. Wednesdays tend to be quieter, but I’m not sure how quiet it will be with resolution-makers still crowding the joint!