The holidays, apparently, have always been exhausting. My mom was putting on a good show, huh? Fast forward about 15 years..
I venture to say I was about 17 or 18 in this picture (judging only by mom’s hairstyle). The activity got to Frisky too. He crashed right along with us. It will be unusual this year to not have Frisk with us, playing with his new catnip toy on Christmas morning, but he’ll be watching over everything from the tree..
Today has been extremely productive – and it’s only noon! I woke up at 6:30 to hit the gym. I made an AMAZING pre-workout snack. I have fallen in love with Laughing Cow wedges and spread one on a light sun-dried tomato Flat Out Wrap.
Such a nice switch from the TLC Kashi bar I eat every morning. I got in a good 20 minute run before hitting shoulders:
- Lateral raise with 10# dumbells: 10 reps x 2
- Front raise with 10# dumbells: 10 reps x 2
- Lateral raise with 12# dumbells: 10 reps
- Front raise with 12# dumbells: 10 reps
- Upright row with 20# dumbells: 10 reps x 3
- Bent over lateral raise with 10# dumbells: 10 reps x 3
- Seated shoulder press with 15# dumbells: 10 reps x 3
Another 10 minutes on the elliptical and I was pooped! Homeward bound to make a yummy apple protein pancake breakfast.
These apples were perfectly crisp with just a hint of tartness. I love Gala’s!! Now, off to make a batch of double chocolate biscotti for our Christmas cookie trays then it’s a night at work. I wish I could bottle the energy that I currently feel and sell it!