Am I the only one who REALLY can’t believe Christmas is in 2 weeks?! Where did this year go? I suppose wedding planning/execution/job changes/moving/family emergencies/health issues made it go by so quickly… but more on those when I look back on 2009.
Other than my sinuses dealing with the ups and downs in temperature (70 one day, 40 the next), it’s been a great week for some of the following reasons:
- Perhaps the most amazing reason – my parents! Not having a full-time job since graduating and marrying in May has taken a HUGE toll on my finances. My savings was depleted and I managed to rack my credit card up higher than ever before. Thanks to my wonderfully generous parents, that is not a stress – at least for a while! I still need to find that full-time gig, but I need not worry as much.
- My very first “Flashback Friday” – inspired by Brie & Susan. I think since this is my inaugural “Flashback Friday”, I’ll take it way back.. .. to my very first Christmas. This was taken with my great Aunt Doris and great Uncle Albert at my Omah’s (mom’s mother) house. Clearly, I was a very, very fat baby and spoiled rotten – especially by Uncle Albert. He was more like a grandfather to me than an Uncle.
- Amazing new food finds including some ginormous Gala apples and oranges and Light Flat Out Wraps, which made for an awesome dinner at work. And they’re high in fiber and protein. Score!
4. The discovery of the awesomeness that is very early workouts! I have been setting the alarm to get to the gym by 7am which is good for 2 reasons – the rest of my day is wide open and the gym is completely empty! I don’t have to deal with smelly, obnoxious men in the weight room or with having every piece of cardio equipment occupied. That doesn’t happen until about 8:30 or 9.
5. Delicious breakfasts to look forward to after my workouts
I am such a sucker for a good egg white pillow and some toast with melty Better N Peanut Butter. I wish they were paying me for all of the word-of-mouth advertising that I am giving them.
Well, I’m off to try and complete some Christmas shopping! Toodles!